Caribbean Style Shrimp Bruschetta Recipe
Nevis, West Indies
March 24, 2009
I want to thank Tracy and Julian Rigby of The Gallipot Restaurant for this recipe. It is not always on the menu, so you just have to hope you get lucky when you visit. No worries though, there are plenty of other goodies on their menu! The Gallipot is a MUST place to eat while on holiday in Nevis!
- 1 Pound cooked peeled shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 Medium sized ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup sliced green onion
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon freshly minced Thyme
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper minced finely, you can substitute habanero peppers or try this Scotch Bonnet puree. (#ad)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher or Sea salt
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 32 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix shrimp, cheese, mango, bell pepper, green onion, lime juice, allspice, thyme, red pepper and salt in large bowl until well blended.
2. Place bread slices on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted (#ad), turning once. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly onto bread slices.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.