More Flavor Than The Average Fruit Salad!
Great taste often comes down to contrast!
It’s why we pair tender and crunchy textures, sweet and sour flavors. In a way, these contrasts amplify the flavors of the dish, making the food much more than the sum of the parts.
The result is a delicious and healthy combination with far more flavor than your typical fruit salad. The heat of the Scotch Bonnet pepper is nicely balanced by the sweet watermelon and mango. Too spicy? Cut back down to half the amount of pepper.
- 2.5 Cups peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- 2.5 Cups diced watermelon
- 2.5 Cups diced fresh mango
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus whole mint leaves for garnish
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper finely minced
- 1.5 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1.5 Tablespoons Mirin (Sweet Rice Wine), Sweet Marsala can substitute
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, watermelon, mango, chopped mint and Scotch Bonnet pepper. Mix gently.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, mirin and olive oil.
- Drizzle over the salad, then mix gently.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve immediately garnished with mint leaves.
Top 7 Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon
- Contains Nutrients and Beneficial Plant Compounds.
- Contains Compounds That May Help Prevent Cancer.
- May Improve Heart Health.
- May Lower Inflammation and Oxidative Stress.
- May Help Prevent Macular Degeneration.
- May Help Relieve Muscle Soreness.
- May help with erectile dysfunction.
2 thoughts on “Cucumber, Mango, and Watermelon Salad Recipe”
I was not able to find Mirin at my local grocery, however the link you provided to Amazon worked and purchased that. BTW a touch of apple cider vinegar added some sparkle.
Looks great, but I don’t know about the fish sauce. May try some balsamic vinegar instead.
Thanks for this though. :)