Curry Shrimp Salad Tastefully Presented
This is my take on a fantastic curry shrimp dish that I remember from the now sadly defunct Cla-Cha-Del restaurant on Shaw Road in Nevis. This makes a great summer time appetizer, or served with some fresh Naan bread, and a mango yogurt…a delicious light lunch.
Curry Shrimp Salad Ingredients:
- 2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Madras Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 Teaspoon minced Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 Celery rib diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper diced
- 2 Scallions (Green Onions) sliced thinly
- 1 Pound fresh shrimp, cleaned, cooked, and roughly chopped
- 3 Medium ripe avocados halved
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Six medium fresh mint leaves
Curry Shrimp Salad Cooking Method:
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Gently fold in the shrimp, celery, bell pepper, scotch bonnet pepper, green onion.
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise; remove the pits.
- Trim a little from the bottom of each avocado half so that they sit upright.
- Place a half avocado on each of the 6 chilled plates; brush with the lime juice to deter discoloration.
- Divide and spoon in the shrimp mixture on top of the avocados.
- Chill for 15 minutes, garnish with a mint leaf, and serve immediately.
How To Easily Remove A Avocado Pit