Pineapple Salsa Marinade Recipe
Rumour’s Bar and Grill
February 20, 2010
Ingredients for Pineapple Salsa Marinade:
2 Cups freshly diced pineapple
1 Green bell Pepper, diced
1 Red bell Pepper, diced
1 Medium red onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons freshly chopped mint
1/4 Cup lite soy sauce
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Teaspoon freshly chopped flat leave parsley
2 Tablespoons Canola oil
1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, minced
4 (6 ounce) fresh Wahoo steaks
1. For marinade, combine all ingredients except fish into a large bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Pour marinade over fish; turning to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Drain fish and place marinade in sauce pan.
4. Heat marinade to a boil, and then simmer for a few minutes.
5. Grill Wahoo steaks 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked as desired. Serve with pineapple salsa.
- Pineapples regenerate! You can plant pineapple leaves to grow a new plant.
- One pineapple plant can produce one pineapple at a time.
- Pineapples ripen faster upside down.
- Pineapples are a cluster of hundreds of fruitlets.
- Pineapples contain the bromelain enzyme which can break down proteins, so you can use them to tenderize meat.
- Hawaii produces about 1/3 of all pineapples in the world.
- Pineapples take about 18-20 months to become ready to harvest.
- Pineapples are native to South America before Christopher Columbus discovered them in 1493.
- Pineapple is the only edible fruit of its kind, the Bromeliads.