While I am not a big mango fan, or for that matter a smoothie fan, I found this Mango Smoothie recipe to be quite refreshing. I did however find it even better with a bit of white rum in it. To be fair though, it had been a long night before. At least you are replacing vitamins while removing them.
1 Large ripe mango, peeled and cut into cubes
1 Cup yoghurt
1 Medium sized banana
1 Teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 Cups ice
Fresh nutmeg for grating
1. Add all ingredients except nutmeg to blender.
2. Blend until desired consistency.
3. Garnish with fresh nutmeg, and any fruit you desire.
- Mangoes first appeared in India over 5,000 years ago.
- Around 300 or 400 A.D., the seeds spread from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa and South America thanks to traveling humans.
- Their trees can grow up to 100 feet with a canopy of over 35 feet.
- Trees can still bear fruit after 300 years.
- Their flowers are pollinated by insects.
- It takes about 4 to 6 years for a tree to bear fruit.
- It takes about 4 months for the fruit to mature and each one is harvested by hand.
- India is the largest producer of the fruit, followed by China and Thailand.
- Only Florida, California, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can grow mangoes in the United States.
- There are over 500 varieties throughout the world.