A Rum Cocktail Recipe With A Sting
Scorpion Rum Cocktail Ingredients:
- The juice of half a freshly squeezed lime
- 1 ounces of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 ounce brandy
- 3/4 ounce CSR Rum (light rum will do)
- 3/4 ounce Cavalier Gold rum
- 1/4 ounce Triple sec
- lime wedge for garnish
Scorpion Rum Cocktail Preparation:
1. Squeeze the lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
2. Add all of the other ingredients.
3. Shake well.
4. Strain into a tall glass with ice cubes.
5. Garnish with the lime wedge.
A Rum Drinking Toast
There is nothing better than offering up a good toast at the right moment. If you are drinking rum, consider using this Rum drinking toast.
May your Anchor be tight,
Your Cork be loose,
Your Rum be spiced,
And your Compass be true.
Top 10 Rum Trivia Facts
- The first distillation of rum took place in the 1620s when Caribbean sugarcane plantation slaves discovered that molasses, a byproduct of sugar refining, could be fermented into alcohol.
- The first North American rum distillery was established in 1664 in what is now Staten Island.
- Hailing from Barbados, Mount Gay prides itself on being the oldest existing rum company in the world dating back to 1705.
- Although the origin of the word rum is widely disputed, some etymologists argue that it was taken from the last syllable for the Latin word for sugar saccharum.
- Other names for rum include Nelson’s blood, kill-devil, demon water, pirate’s drink, navy neaters, Barbados water, grog, and rumbullion.
- British legend says that Vice Admiral Horatio Nelson‘s body was preserved in a cask of rum before being shipped back to England. Later, it was discovered that a hole had been drilled into the bottom of the cask so that all of the sailors could drink the rum before the cask’s arrival. Thus, the moniker “Nelson’s blood” was born.
- Eighteenth century sailors were often paid in rum. To test the rum’s authenticity, they allegedly mixed it with gunpowder — successful ignition indicated authenticity.
- In hopes of preventing scurvy, the British Navy gave rations of rum to its sailors until the 1970s (but it was actually the addition of lime — i.e. vitamin C — that kept the scurvy at bay).
- The aging process determines the color of the rum — oak cask aged rums become dark whereas stainless steel aged rums remain virtually colorless.
- The portion of rum that is lost to distillation over time is called the “Angel’s Share” — literally the portion given to the angels above.
1 thought on “The Scorpion Rum Cocktail Recipe”
Thanks for the hangover….definitely has a sting. LMFAO